Terms and Conditions
Effective as of 20th September, 2019
By using LivingWorks Education’s websites you accept our terms and conditions of use. Unless you have read and accepted all of these terms and conditions of use, do not use this website. If you do not wish to accept the terms and conditions of use, do not use the website.
General Terms and Conditions of Use:
- LivingWorks reserves the right to add to, change or remove any of the material on its websites at any time without notice.
- You acknowledge that LivingWorks owns the copyright and intellectual property rights for the contents of their websites and any associated trainings. You agree to not copy or distribute any of the content on LivingWorks’ websites unless you have express written permission from LivingWorks to do so.
- LivingWorks regularly reviews the information on our websites, however we cannot guarantee that all of the information is accurate. Where health or medical advice or additional crisis resources are needed, users should always seek the advice of a qualified health professional.
- The LivingWorks website/s or any associated trainings are not designed for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use this or any other LivingWorks website and do not share any personal information with us.
- If you are under the age of 16, you must have permission and/or supervision from your parents, legal guardian or authorized public authority to use this website.
- This website is not optimized for Internet Explorer browsers. For best performance, we recommend using Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla FireFox or Microsoft Edge.
- By providing your email address to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us, however you may unsubscribe from this service at any time. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed by LivingWorks.
- We use email communication to help you to register an account on our websites. Some email servers may filter our emails to “spam” or block our emails entirely. If this is the case, please ensure that your email account settings flag emails from email@example.com as safe to enter your inbox.
- LivingWorks websites contain links to third party websites. LivingWorks is not responsible for the currency, content or privacy practices of third party websites. You acknowledge that you enter any third party website at your own risk.
- LivingWorks reserves the right to terminate, without prior notice, any user account or suspend access to the content, for violating these Terms and Conditions of Use. If your account is terminated, your rights to use the LivingWorks websites and associated content will cease immediately.
- You agree to check our Terms and Conditions of Use periodically for new information and terms that govern your use of LivingWorks websites. LivingWorks reserves the right to make changes to our policies and Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. Updating the modified Terms and Conditions of Use or policies will give effect to the revised terms. Your continued use of LivingWorks websites indicates your acceptance of any revised terms.
LivingWorks Start Terms and Conditions of Use:
- By participating in the LivingWorks Start training, you agree to the General Terms and Conditions of Use as well as the LivingWorks Start Terms and Conditions of Use which are as follows:
- Information covered in LivingWorks Start relates to the topic of suicide and may be sensitive for some users. If you have been recently bereaved by suicide or feel that now is not the right time for you to complete this training, consider your well-being before commencing.
- LivingWorks Start is for individual use only. You must keep your access credentials private and confidential. LivingWorks Start is not to be displayed in a classroom or group setting.
- For the best training experience, you will need to have access to a microphone and speakers or earphones during your participation. (Closed captions are available where needed).
- Access to LivingWorks Start will expire 60 days after account creation. At this time, you will still have access to a summary of your key training learnings, as well as all other resource tools in the Connect platform, including the “Find Safety” feature. If you require help or an extension to this period, please contact LivingWorks directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective as of 20th September, 2019
Introduction and Scope
We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so. Usually this will require that we obtain your informed and express consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for a particular purpose. However, in certain circumstances your consent is not required. Some examples where consent may not be required are: where the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information is reasonable and required for LivingWorks to comply with a legal obligation; where the collection, use or disclosure of personal information without consent satisfies a legitimate interest of ours, or a vital interest of yours—for example, if a circumstance required your medical history to be disclosed for emergency treatment. We may collect, use and disclose your personal information without your consent or knowledge in those types of circumstances.
What personal information does LivingWorks collect and how do we collect it?
We receive and store personal information you provide to us through the Platform, the Services, or in any other way. The types of personal information we collect may include: your name, email address, occupation, age range, place of work, address (city), interests, and IP address.
We may also collect personal information from you relating to your experience of our training programs, such as: demographic information and outcomes of the application of your learning from our training programs (whether an intervention occurs after the training, on what dates the training and any intervention occurred, and what types of resources you accessed). We will collect these types of information to enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations to you by providing our services that you request; to use in aggregated form to contribute to public health research initiatives and the field of suicidology, and other public interest purposes; and for scientific research purposes which respect your right to data protection and provide suitable and specific measures to safeguard your fundamental rights and the interests.
How do we use and share personal information we collect?
- LivingWorks may use the personal information you provide for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that you may use to interact with the Services, improving the content of the Services, and research and development to support new products and advance the field of suicidology.
- We do not share your personal information with third-party marketers.
- We will use personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it.
- When we temporarily provide personal information to companies that perform services for us, such as Shopify, we require those companies to protect the information in the same manner as LivingWorks. These service companies may not use your personal information for any other purpose than the reason you provided it to LivingWorks.
- We share personal information with employers and host organizations to understand training uptake and related activity. Limited portions of this information will be personally identifiable—specifically, information about which employees have completed specific training courses. The purpose of this information sharing is to enable employers to track the effectiveness of their training programs. All other personal information shared with employers will be shared as aggregate or anonymous information, formatted such that there is not a serious possibility that an individual could be identified through the use of that information, alone or in combination with other information.
- We may share such information with third-party research partners in an aggregated form as part of a segment of users or in a de-identified form, but we would not share such information in a manner that specifically identifies you.
- We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone for their own use; however, we may provide aggregate or anonymous information to third parties for research purposes, by license or otherwise, provided there is not a serious possibility that an individual could be identified through the use of that information, alone or in combination with other information.
- We may use collect and use geolocation data relating to your mobile device to help provide access to local crisis resources for you and for statistical analysis for suicide prevention research.
- By providing your email address to us, you expressly consent to receive emails from us, however you may unsubscribe from this service at any time. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us or our partners.
What choices do I have regarding LivingWorks's use of my personal information?
- You have certain choices relating to your personal information we collect and use. You may request that we provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may ask us to correct any errors or delete any of the information we have about you. We note, however, that your ability to exercise these choices is not absolute. In some circumstances (for example, if the information is protected by legal privilege or if the information was collected for an investigation or legal proceeding), we may be permitted or obliged to deny such requests. In addition, to protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we may have to verify that you are who you say you are before we can give you access to, change or remove information about you.
- We may retain your personal information for as long as your Services account is active or as long as we are legally permitted or obligated to retain it to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- You can remove or change content or information that you have posted on the Platform on your account and profile through the Platform or you can ask us to remove it by emailing email@example.com. Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, if there are legal reasons why we may need to retain it. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for a period of time prior to being deleted from our servers.
- If you ever decide to delete your LivingWorks account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address used on your LivingWorks account. LivingWorks will terminate your account within 7 working days of receiving the request. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain information as required by applicable law and we will not delete any information that has already been aggregated or anonymized.
GDPR (the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation) compliance
LivingWorks is committed to compliance with the GDPR and its principles, including: prioritizing informed consent respecting the collection of personal data; lawful processing of personal data; maintaining accurate, updated, and secure personal data; and respecting data subjects' rights concerning their personal data.
LivingWorks is a controller of our users' personal information. If you have questions about our GDPR compliance, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Brian Bleakley at email@example.com.
How to contact us
Privacy Officer: Brian Bleakley
Mail: #119, 807 – 42 Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta, CANADA, T2G 1Y8
Toll Free in North America 1-888-733-5484
We will make every effort to answer your questions or resolve your concerns.